Sunday, April 26, 2015

What a Week!!! 20April2015

WHAT A WEEK!!!
 Dennis got baptized on Saturday. It was such an incredible journey we have taken the last three weeks with him.  The day of his baptism we went over to his house before hand and he came running in a little late. The night before we had gone over the priesthood and how he would be given that soon. He ran in a said, "sisters I am so sorry I was late! I was getting my hair cut. I am going to be getting ordained and I have to look good before my God". It was adorable. Then after his baptism he was just so happy. On Sunday he was asking about who made sure we kept the rules as missionaries. We informed him that we were accountable for ourselves a lot of the time. He said that he was tempted to drink coffee and then he said, "But I have made a covenant with my God and nothing is worth breaking that over". What a powerful moment to realize that you want to do something out of a desire to keep covenants. After his baptism on Saturday night I asked him what he would be doing. He said he was going to go home and read the Book of Mormon for an hour, write down his feelings and sleep like a baby because he felt so clean and free. He scanned his program and sent it to his family in Kenya so they could know he was a changed person. As he puts it, no more living like an animal for him! He found his purpose.
 We were walking down the street one day and this big giant tire comes rolling down the road…. Some man up the street is loading a dune buggy type thing into is truck and does not notice his tire leaving him. I call out and said, “Is that your tire?” He jumped up and we begin to chase this thing down. It was really quite funny. Maybe you had to be there.
 James is doing pretty well. He got into some anti-stuff but then again, who doesn’t? I can take on any question at this point, I’ve heard them all. I almost like it….I know I shouldn’t but I can’t help but enjoy myself sometimes. He is intent on reading which is key and he actually came to church!!! And brought a friend!!!! It was awesome. I was telling the member who came to the lesson that he is my best student because he always reads. I said he got an A+ and he goes, “well maybe an A- because I’m not baptized.” True that James, true that. At least he knows what we are there for, right? I am at a point in my mission where I have no time to mess around or beat around the bush. Not that I ever really did that anyway. The gospel is just too important for anyone to take it lightly.
 We have a new investigator named Michael who we taught and then he came to church. He is set for baptism on the 9th of May. Include him in prayers please. I want to teach some females but it doesn't seem to happen for me.
 I learned this week even more of the why behind my current companion and area. I have these moments where so many things become crystal clear for me and I am grateful for those moments. They sustain me and keep me going. It’s like for an instant I can see without the world blinding my sight. I am so grateful for good people and good hearts. I love this gospel and I decided I was born to be a missionary.
In my whole mission I don’t know if I have ever faced so many hard challenges or had some many hard moments as I have this transfer- but I also know that I have seen more miracles and received more blessings in the last 4 weeks then I thought possible. God will always compensate our struggles if we turn to Him. Include Him in everything and you will come to know that He was already involved in everything.
Love you all

S Huber






No comments:

Post a Comment