Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Mothers Day! ‏ 5-12-14

Hello,

It was so good to Skype and see you all yesterday! Sorry that I talk a lot. I just have so much to say and I never get to say it all. I am sorry that it is snowing there. Seeing that was like a dream to me. Well Happy Mother’s Day to everyone who I didn't get to tell! I hope that it was wonderful and you felt loved.

Well we had quite the run around this week. The elder who was serving in my ward ended up going home early and left on Friday. So we got a new elder and had to deal with all of that. It creates a lot of stress and ripple effects for all the missionaries around. We are really excited about the new elder though! He is from Japan and should be great. Me and Sister Grover have been trying really hard to better support the elders and keep them moving forward. With all this happening it has given us great opportunities to do that. It is great to be able to look outside myself even more and just try and focus on them and on my area. It is such a motivation to be better all the time.

We also took some hard hits this week with our work but I know that there are good things to come. I know there is always rain before the rainbow. I am just trying really hard to share that mentality with my companion and everyone around me. There are a few feelings of anger or extreme frustration from others close to me that I am trying to help them identify and change. Agency is a gift from God and regardless of how other people use it, we also have to use it to stay positive and happy and moving forward. How grateful I am for that testimony and knowledge!

Robert and Michelle are both doing well and moving towards baptism:) They are our shining stars and keep us going.

We went on a few exchanges this week and it was so great for me to be able to feel like I had an impact on other sisters. I really felt like I had things to offer to them and ideas to help them become better. I was really praying before I went that I could influence them for good and be able to identity and understand things that were hard for them so I would know how to help. It is so great to see how good God is in allowing us to see results from honest pleadings and requests. I hope I can continue to be a good example and lift everyone I see!

It is my companions birthday today!!! I am excited to do things with her and try and make her as happy as possible.

I just want to close with my testimony of the Book of Mormon because I have just come to love and rely on it so much recently. I just soak up the words and feelings that come from honest seeking and reading. It seems to me that every single day I find something new that can help an investigator or even me. I just want everyone to feel its power and healing. I know that it is not merely a nice text with nice ideas. I know that is it not fabricated. I know that is in fact true. I can testify of that with every fiber of my being. It is the thing that is powerful enough to keep thousands of young adults on missions. It is what makes it all worth it. I love the Book of Mormon.

Today I read: 2 Nephi 9:18- " But, behold, the righteous, the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel, they who have endured the crosses of the world, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God, which was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, and their joy shall be full forever."

Let us all work a little bit harder to endure our own personal cross and one day receives a fullness of joy.


Love Sister Huber





 

No comments:

Post a Comment