Monday, September 22, 2014

What a week‏ 9-22-2014

THIS WEEK CAN’T BE PUT INTO WORDS. First off, I have like ten minutes to do this. Second, I am so tired. Third, I have appointments all p day so I don’t even get a break to breathe or write. Just fill in all the blanks and look between the lines.
Our darling new investigator named Joana is a gem. She is as golden as they get and so cute!!! She brings her dog to all the lessons and it is tiny and dressed in pink outfits….haha oh dear. It even has pink nails. She prayed the first lesson and said, “Everyone at work is going to be like, what drug are you on?  And I’m going to be like; I’m on a drug called God! Thanks God!” It was priceless. She loves church and she loves the gospel. It is inspiring to see her desires and good good heart.  She calls me uber and loves…gotta just embrace it because you have to love someone like that.
Lucas has this really hard thing in his life with some people. He was at a lesson and really struggling with it. He just started crying and put his face into his hands. I felt so helpless. The spirit was so strong and I looked down and saw a picture of Christ on the table. I just started telling Lucas about how Christ feels the same way over us and our choices. I told him how he was exhibiting Christ like attributes and that God knew how to help those people even if he didn’t. It was a powerful reminder to me because so many times I feel like crying into my hands because I don’t have the power to change some things. But God does and Christ showed us how we can do our part. That is the miracle of becoming like Him.
I realized that the sacrament is the one moment in which we can stand on equal ground with our Savior. Right in that moment, as we ask for forgiveness and then recommit ourselves to our covenants, we are standing with Him and are clean again because of Him. We can actually be next to Him because we are using His power to become clean and new. Our goal throughout the week should simply be to stay as close to that equal ground as possible. That way when we get to do it again the next Sunday we barley have to have Him help us move at all. I love the hymn I stand all amazed.
I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me. I tremble to know that for me he was crucified, That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine, That he should extend his great love unto such as I, Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
 I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt! Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget? No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat, Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me! Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me! .
We had this wonderful dinner with 3 new investigators that you all need to know about. I will have to rain check it for next time. Just imagine three college boys trying to cook dinner…imagine hot dogs and frozen cauliflower. I have never laughed so hard as I did after we left. It was a moment to remember. My darling companion also turned 22 this week! We partied hard and set a mission record on the number of member present investigator lessons we taught…..17!  We are so busy. They are probably going to split the area when I get transferred. That is pretty cool.  We actually have to go drive up to Vista tonight and meet with our mission president, hope I’m not in trouble J haha Me and president Kendrick are great friends.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! SETH GOOD LUCK!!!! Love ya

Love Sister Huber

p.s. we will either have 0 or 3 baptisms this week so everyone should pray extra hard for this area! I would appreciate it a lot.






No comments:

Post a Comment