Tuesday, April 1, 2014

His Strength is Enough‏ 3/24/2014

HELLO!!
So first off, some business to get out of the way. Mom, can you send me my plaque scripture? I don't even know what it is and that is kinda sad. Second, I met Ryal Cameron. Do you know who that is? I guess he is very very very rich and friends with Bill Gates and the likes of him. I contacted him on a bus. It was an interesting situation. Why he was on a bus, I will never know.
 
EVERYONE HERE IS RELATED TO ME OR KNOWS SOMEONE FROM CASTLE ROCK. I feel like all my worlds crash down on me almost every single week. This week I got to met, Elaine Lewis and Anne Katharine Pingree. Then I got a picture with the Barton girls, whose relative live in Castle Rock and knows dad. It really is crazy. I gotta be on my game all the time because I figure at this point, everyone I talk to either is related or knows my family.
 
Sorry if this is hard to follow....Try your very best:)
 
It was actually amazing to meet Sister Lewis. We were invited by another elderly women in the ward to have dinner with her in the La Costa Glen retirement dining hall. Sister Steele, the one who invited us, is super outgoing and I love her. She rounded up all the sisters in the place that are LDS and got them to dinner. I had actually had a thought earlier that day about Sister Elaine Lewis. I knew that Deborah Lewis had told me before I left that her mother in law lived in my mission. I had told the Lewis's that I would find her and talk to her!  Of course I had no idea if that would ever actually happen but I hoped it would. Well as we were walking and knocking doors I had randomly thought: I wonder if Bishop Lewis's mom lives in La Costa Glen. I had mentally made a note to look through my directory again and see if I found her name. It was a long day with no car so by the time dinner came we were very tired and just wanted to sit and have a break. We came in way late and the elders and them had already started. I sat down and started talking to the women on my left. About ten minutes in I turned to met the women on my right who my companion had been talking with. She asked where I was from and I said Castle Rock Colorado. She got excited and told me, she lived there. Instantly I knew who she was. It all clicked in my mind. I said, Sister Lewis! She nodded and I told her how I knew her. We both were so excited and hugged right in that moment. I knew that God wanted me to meet her and to talk with her. I know that I was called to this specific area for many different reasons, her being one of them. It is such a testimony builder to see all these people that God is allowing me to meet and showing me that He really is in control.
 
Hmm lets see.....It is either blazing sun or super cloudy this week. We need a happy medium. We are working really really hard. Like doubling the amount of lessons being taught in this area. We increased the new investigators per week by 400%. It is great to work hard, but it is also hard to work hard:) I guess that is the way of life though. 
 
The dynamic of this place is changing because summer is coming....spring break=lots of visitors. It will be interesting to see how that all goes. People are just so noncommittal sometimes.
 
I don't even know what to say because there is so much I could share....It was like the best week yet though! I am doing a major investigation on medical marijuana and the church stance. Nobody has an actual answer on what the deal with orally taking it for health is. I will get to the bottom of it though! Bonus information: people can get baptized if they are taking marijuana for cancer or something....the line is just unclear on what is actually "medical". I know you are all super interested in my research. sorry about the tangent.
 
Margot is doing really well. We taught her about the prophets and ten commandments.  Erin is also great! She is coming to church every week! We taught her a lesson on a bluff overlooking the ocean....ya I love the ocean. My family of twins is great! Slow because we haven't been able to teach them again but super cute and still letting us come. They will hopefully take off this week.
 
Ok. This story is amazing. Get ready. Robert. At the beginning of this journey in Encinitas, we went through the potential investigators list. One said: Robert, works at mobile. We had no clue what that meant! So we were getting gas and my companion started to turn into the first gas station. I told her no! Go down to the next one so we can compare the prices....Dad I give you credit for this! She went down and we ended up staying there for the gas. As we were finishing up, a homeless man asked us for some hot chocolate. Sister Grover said ok and we walked in to buy him some. As she was buying it I started talking to the cashier....Robert. At the Mobile gas station....yes I know. Turns out the elders had been talking to him off and on as a friend when they got gas. We struck up a friendship and have been going back every week to say hi. Each week we leave something with him, Like the Book of Mormon. Finally last week we go, Robert, when are you going to let us teach you about Jesus Christ. We set up an appointment and had the best lesson of my mission! We taught in the chapel of the church with an awesome couple from the ward. He is a single dad and just the nicest soul a person could ever meet. He is happy and friendly and so great. He is like my new best friend. We always laugh about something when we are around him. He calls us Sister and Sister :) Anyway, there were so many little steps to us knowing him and I know it wasn't an accident.
 
We set a wedding and baptismal date with Erin and Robert!!!!!!! So exciting! Even if I get moved, I will get to come back for it:) And then temple in a year!
 
I will just leave you all to return to normal life with this thought:
 
The difference between might and strength?
 
At first glance they seem very close, but upon further examination we can learn that they are different. In the scriptures the word might is always connected with us as humans. It is used to explain when someone was using all their might to obtain something. Ex: they fought with all their might.
 
The word strength though is used to show something different. It is always referring to God and what we can do with Him. In Alma 58 it says:
 
10 Therefore we did pour out our souls in prayer to God, that he would strengthen us and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies, yea, and also give us strength that we might retain our cities, and our lands, and our possessions, for the support of our people.
 11 Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our adeliverance in him.
 
Study it for yourself because I don't have time to expound! But remember where your strength comes from and what we cannot do with our own might can be done with His strength.
 
Love you!
 
Sister Huber


















 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment