Wednesday, January 28, 2015

12/15/2014

This week has been indescribable. Really, I can't even think of what to even put down. Most of the things aren't good things- life just seemed to keep happening to everyone all at the same time. I will just tell you stories instead. 

Esther. She is amazing. We are over at their house teaching her daughter who is getting baptized this week, and we start talking about the word of wisdom.  Esther pops her head out of the kitchen and proceeds to tell us that she was a hard core smoker up until the day of her baptism....... she didn't tell us she smoked! She smoked the day before she got baptized!!! She then proceeded to tell us how she hasn't touched a cigarette or smoked since her baptism. She went totally cold turkey and she said it was easy. She doesn't have a single craving or desire. Is that not incredible? She gave up so many things and God has made her so strong to help her. I love and adore her family. I think they are my saving grace right now in this area. 

We were contacting at the lake in our area and it was dark and late. We walk up to these two young men who were fishing. One of them ended up being Mormon so we taught his friend with him. I asked about the fishing and said I really wanted to see them catch a fish. About a minute later a bell went off and a line had a fish on it. They let me reel it in and even get it out of the water! I then had to touch it to get a picture. It was so nasty but I was proud of myself. It was a fun moment. I got to fish in two ways :) 

Me and my companion memorize scriptures together sometimes. Lately it has been this 

Alam 26: 35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, say unto you, therenever were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since theworld began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boastingin my God; for he has all powerall wisdom, and allunderstanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is mercifulBeing, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe onhis name.
 36 Now if this is boastingeven so will boast; for this is my lifeand my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption fromeverlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has beenmindful of this people, who are branch of the tree of Israel, andhas been lost from its body in strange land; yea, say, blessed bethe name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in astrange land.
 37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people,whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people,and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy,and my great thanksgiving; yea, and will give thanks unto myGod forever. Amen.

We will randomly just start saying it all the time. I love it though because it is so true. We have great reason to rejoice and celebrate! Go watch He is the Gift on christmas.mormon.org It is amazing! We share it with everyone we meet.  

This week will be a whirlwind with two exchanges and three baptisms. And I guess Christmas is coming soon! I love this time of year! 

Love Sis Huber 








No comments:

Post a Comment