Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I am 20!!!! 12/1/2014

Hello!

Now that I am 20, I have been thinking a lot and pondering on what I made of this last year.  I have decided that this year was the best of my entire life. I spent over 90% of my 19th year as a missionary. I will probably never be able to say that again. I am so grateful that I took the opportunity to serve and act on my faith. I have loved being a missionary and I have loved the people that God has allowed me to meet. I would serve my entire mission for any one of them. 

We all know that the greatest commandment of all is to Love God. 

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
“This is the first and great commandment.
We also know what the second great commandment is: 
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
But if we read farther into the second commandment it becomes clear that we are asked to do more then love other people. We are asked to love others as we love ourselves, meaning that the root of the commandment from God to to love yourself so that you can then give love to others. I think this means that we need to embrace and accept and love  the gifts and talents and looks and qualities God has given us. I think it means we need to embrace our own healing and conversion so that we can then allow others to have the same. Do we give grace to others but refuse to bestow it upon our own faults and wrongs? We must be careful to first love and change ourselves so that in return we can truly love the people around us. 
This Saturday Esther is getting baptized! She is a single mom of 4 kids and the most amazing women ever. I will send pics next week. Thanks for all the bday wishes! 

Love Sis Huber 





No comments:

Post a Comment